24 Hour Blood Pressure Monitoring
What is 24Hr BP Monitoring?
24hr blood pressure monitoring is a portable device which is used to record pressure readings at regular intervals during a 24-hour period.
- The device is a small box with a cuff that connects to the monitor
- The device will take readings every 30 minutes during the day and every 60 minutes at night
- Continue your regular daily activities while wearing the monitor
- While the monitor is taking a reading avoid movement. If the monitor is unable to take a reading it will try again
- Avoid any heavy exercise
- The cuff will remain on your arm at night while sleeping. The monitor can be placed under your pillow or next to your bed. Tubing will need to be removed from around your neck while sleeping
- Once device is handed in the activity diary and readings will be forwarded over to your referring Physician’s office and they will contact you with the results
For more information...
Visit the Lakeland PCN office at St. Paul Wellness Centre (#101 4801-39 Street, St. Paul AB),
or call 780-645-1188