Kinesiologists are experts in exercise and movement who work with people of all ages and physical abilities to help them achieve their health and wellness goals.
What is a Kinesiologist?
- Expert in exercise and movement
- Identifies risk factors, designs, implements and maintains specialized exercise programs
- Helps improve movement through injury management movement assessment & supervision of exercise techniques.
- Helps you set and achieve physical activity goals through goal setting and planning
- Kinesiologists complement other healthcare professionals with the wide range of their knowledge and broad scope of their practice.
A Kinesiologist can help with:
- Weight management
- Lifestyle change
- Getting and staying physically active
- Active rehabilitation
- High blood pressure
- Back pain
Why see a Kinesiologist?
- Counselling – one on one assessment with education / advice that is evidence based & tailored to your needs.
- Assessment of health-related physical function.
- Individualized exercise recommendations for prevention or management of chronic diseases or acute condition.
- Supervised exercise training to oversee exercise techniques & provide instructions to prevent injury.
- General education & workshops on specific health conditions and how they relate to exercise as well as use of exercise equipment.
Idris Fatungase, Kinesiologist